9/28/07

"The Cake"

If You are not a big Cake Decorating person, then I have an awesome cake for you to make! I got this Idea From my Dear Friends here otherwise known as Pookie Bear I guess he seen it on a cooking show! Take a white cake mix made up into batter and divide it up into however many bowls you want (I think we had 5 colors going on). Then you mix food coloring in each bowl, to make different colors, Then grease your cake pan whatever size you want. Plop the colors in so the colors don't actually get mixed. And then...
This is what it should look something like! Bake as stated on the directions...

Then cool completely, I opted to use a whipped Vanilla Frosting by Betty Crocker. It was DELICIOUS! Here is how the cake turned out!
I knew you would be dying to see the inside!;) Here you have a unique colorful cake! I was thinking it would also make a nice springtime cake or Easter Cake! The cake was SO moist and delicious it was ALL gone the next day!
As you see here I made (with the help of my 6 yr old) This cake for Teri's Birthday! She loved it!
We added it with some Black Rasberry chip ice cream and it was a Tasty Treat! She took "ME" to Casa Fiesta, I am still trying to figure out Why she wouldn't let ME buy when after all it w as HER Birthday! She treated me to a wonderful chicken taco salad and a strawberry Daquari...Thanks Teri! You are WAY to good to me! Then we did lots of window shopping! Fun day! So we came home for late dessert!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERI!



post signature

7 comments:

The Downing 5 said...

Glad the cake worked for you! I loved it when tbey made it for my birthday!

Lori_N said...

What an awesome looking cake. I will have to try that one out.

Shionge said...

Happy Birthday Teri :D What a wonderful rainbow cake, may you have colourful & wonderful years always :D

Midlife Mom said...

Hey that's a really fun cake that I could make with D and T! Thanks for sharing!!!

The baby is adorable! Nice your Mom took your camera with her so that you could get some pics.

On your Thursday 13 you mentioned Nioxin and I just wanted to say that I have used it for over a year and it has made a HUGE difference in my hair. It was really thinning out especially in the crown so I started using it and it takes a few months before you start to see a change but it does work. I get mine at the beauty supply as I have kept my hairdressers license up even though I don't work. It's cheaper there then retail. I thought you had really thick hair!

Nadine said...

That's a great idea for a cake. Happy Birthday to Teri.

Alicia said...

wow sweet birthday cake.. cool idea indeed.. wish I could do stuff like that.. so how did you get it all the different colors?

palmtreefanatic said...

food coloring