4/22/08

Tackle It Tuesday

Well These are my tackles I accomplished in 2 days last week! Here is the kitchen, time for spring cleaning this room! Here is a photo before/during the process...
Here is another one during! I have to take down all the greenery and baskets and wash them, it is quite a job!
Other things I did to clean this room are

  • Pulled out fridge, cleaned under it
  • cleaned the freezer out
  • pulled out oven and cleaned under that
  • Washed all baskets and greenery
  • dusting
  • washed 2 rugs
  • cleaned out several cupboards and drawers
  • vacuumed and scrubbed the floor
  • scrubbed the microwave
  • cleaned out the coffee pot ( with vinegar)
  • hosed off my tree, and washed INSIDE windows and blinds
And here you see the finished result! This room took me an entire day!

I did not take photos of all the drawers I cleaned out, but this one had to be reverted back to the larger one! After I had my pampered chef party and got a few things It was harder to make it all fit in this smaller drawer...This is before...
AFTER...I just recently got the pampered chef bamboo, I haven't used it yet!
This was the drawer I had to downsize ...
It works here, now to just get used to it!
Onto the basement! This tackle was huge for me! I been wanting to tackle it for months and well I did it! We got rid of alot of furniture we just did not need!
Here is after, With a nice rug added and leather storage/ bench seat, works great!
Ok this tackle Was taking my mind over for some time! I am packing away some of my m&m collection for christmas but honestly It is time to say good bye this collection! I am going for a more dressed up look down here...Yes this is the paint I had on there...
And After! I painted it a Golden Straw, It looks quite gorgeous with my greens, I robbed alot of decor in the rest of my house so I didn't even have to spend any money to fix this up! What a difference eh?
My basement took me 2 days to complete! Painting on Tuesday, back together wednesday
Today I may get into more spring cleaning, it is going to be sunny and 70's!
Happy tackling!

post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It all looks amazing and I LOVE the last tackle! That paint is gorgeous.

Midlife Mom said...

Could you PLEASE bottle up some of that energy and send it to me ASAP!!!!!!! I still have so many tackles to tackle it isn't funny! Your rooms look amazing, just spit polished as they used to say! Of course if I would stay out of the barn and sewing room I might get a little more done! ha! xoxox

Niki Jolene said...

Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do???

Great tackle!

:)

Nadine said...

Wow. The kitchen had so much to do to it. It came out really nice. I love what you did to the basement - the color looks so nice. You really tackle and get it done.

Anonymous said...

The basement looks fantastic. I LOVE the new color. Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful as well! happy spring cleaning!

Liz McCoy said...

Tina you're amazing!!! And so inspiring!!! I love all the energy you have!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your basement redo!!!! Stunning!!!

I'm looking to start a project of taking down the wallpaper in our kitchen and painting the walls. I have to go pick out a color that's the fun part LOL!!

The Apron Queen said...

Oh girl! You are doing some tackling! Stop by & see how I tackled my sanity! I'm still trying to get all the sand out of my shorts! :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

What an amazing difference in your basement! I am feeling like quite the slacker with my "photo organization" tackle this week. Congrats - must feel really good to have your house so clean!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Wowee! You sure did an awesome job! You make the rest of us look like rookies. Great tackle!

KC said...

You did such a great job on those..
the basement looks wonderful. I did a tiny tackle today.

The Downing 5 said...

Looks really good!

Karen said...

Wow. You worked hard. It looks so nice.

Stayllo said...

I love that paint color! You did a great job!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Wow! Magnificent work! You have a beautiful home!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Wow! You have been BUSY!!

So, are you selling all those M&M guys???

love the new look in the basement.