5/27/08

Tackle IT!

The Tackling today for me will be my house! It has been such a busy weekend, now it is time to get my house back in shape!Since it was finally going to be a warmer evening, we decided to try something new for ourselves. Camping! We borrowed this tent from my parents. (We used this growing up and it is still in very good shape)! Not far we put it in the back yard! Since I was a little girl when we used this and have no clue how to put up tent. DH was not sure either, we called in the experts, my parents! All these yrs later, they still remember how it goes up!
Now camping would not be complete if we didn't have a camp fire! We toasted marshmallows on it! yummy!
a couple neighbor kids came and enjoyed the marshmallows as well! It was a nice family time!
6:30 the next morning the thunder started to rumble and lightening was happening, so I thought it would be best to head inside, just in time we got a little shower but not much really! We all headed inside and I told the kids just sleep here on the living room floor! DH went to bed and we all did, we all just crashed! I woke a bit around 9am and can you believe I had to wake them all up near 10am! WOW!! I made a big breakfast and we started our day very late! While I had quite a mess ( this is only a portion of it) we got things ready and headed to the beach( I will post on this next) We ended up with a very hot day and I enjoyed every bit of it!
Now to tackle! I am so happy to send the kids off to school so I can get my cleaning done! We had lots of fun this weekend! I came home from the beach and hosed off a few trees here and finished ( finally) the rest of my spring cleaning in the living room! Yeah! It is done! Happy Tackling everyone!

post signature

5 comments:

Nadine said...

Sounds like you had fun and didn't have to travel very far to do it. That is just great.

Heather said...

You guys were brave enough to head to vb? How was the water? I bet lovely. We talked about camping in the back yard last weekend, but most of our kiddos are too little. Me, Bill, Jason and Ethan did sit out by the fire late Saturday night. It was fun.

I'm tackling my house today too.

Anonymous said...

great job!

HLiza said...

Camping is so much fun! And it has been ages since we last did it..

Shionge said...

How cool...a tent so near to home ;)