6/9/08

Banana Pudding Parfaits and Tackle It Tuesday

Happy To say my day will NOT be as crazy busy as yesterday! Trying to work, then rush to pick my son up then rush dinner to get to pictures for his ball game just to have 2 ball games that cut off 5 min. early due to a storm starting was not my idea of a fun day!;) Today will be better though, It will be cooler, and I am not sure if we will be heading to the beach as it may be one of those dreary type days, but This mrning I need to Take Kedric to an eye Dr. He needs to have his eyes seriously checked as the teachers were concerned! I am praying and believing his eyes will be great! Then Home to get some over needed laundry done...Happy Tuesday everyone. Below is a yummy recipe of banana parfaits! I made these last week in my menu plan and they were oh so refreshing!



*****When I made this recipe I used regular instant vanilla ( not sugar free) and 1 instant banana pudding*****

Ingredients:

  • 3-1/3 cups cold fat-free milk
  • 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free Cool Whip® whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
  • 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices

Directions:

In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in three-fourths of the whipped topping.
Set aside eight vanilla wafers. Place one wafer into each of eight parfait glasses; top with a third of the banana slices and pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved vanilla wafers. Yield: 8 servings.

post signature

8 comments:

Jodi said...

I hope his eyes are just fine!! I am doing laundry today too... with my new washer and dryer.. woo hoo! Those parfaits look yummy!!

Brenda said...

Can't wait to try your yummy looking parfaits. Beautiful presentation!

Sarah said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Yummm! Here is my . I hope you will take a look and let me know what you think of the fabric I chose.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Yummy - I don't know which I like better - the parfaits or the great glasses.

A Christian Mom said...

Oh nice! We love banana pudding & these would be fun to make. Thanks for sharing!

Shionge said...

I honestly wish I could have a go at that Tina, very nice indeed :D

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I think I'll try those parfaits! Mine will be without the cookie, though.