6/20/08

Knee Surgery


2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.


Hi Everyone! Well It was a long day yesterday between working and a full day in the hospital with My DH's- (Bills) Surgery! Before he went into surgery he managed to have these delivered to me at the Hair salon where I had to work till 12:30! 4 red roses and 1 white, with some little purple flowers, it is a beautiful bouquet! These were for our 16th anniversary... Thanks Bill their beautiful! I had to work till 12:30 no way around that, so a dear friend took Bill to surgery as he needed to be there at 10:15. The surgery was scheduled for 12:15. I got there close to 1 and asked how things were going and they called to find out they were running behind so they just took him in at 12:45! The surgery went well and they cleaned up his torn cartilage as best as they could. They cannot do much about the 3 spots of arthritis though...So all is good as it gets!We gotta believe God for the healing of arthritis! Here he is in recovery!
Check out this contraption! It looks like a water jug cooler, only it has a hose that comes out of it!
This is how we are to keep ice around the clock on his knee...see this plug? Well the hose goes into it to fill it and empty it! this needs done every 2 hrs! I fill the jug with ice water and this is what goes through the tube. Pretty slick but time consuming! Like in the good ol days of having a baby wake in the middle of the night, this is what I had to do for bathroom breaks, medicine and water changing...
Sleeping like a baby! " Come on Bill wake up! " You can do that at home;)
Nothing like warm socks and a sweet nurse to make things go pleasantly...Ok he just ate, as long as he can go to the bathroom he is ready to go home!
Getting instructions...
Do I look cool or what in my shades?"Take me home honey"!
FINALLY!!! Heading home! We got there at 6pm! It really was a long day!
My wonderful neighbor and Friend watched the kids ALL day! My kids can be a handful so I am SO grateful he was able to help me as my parents are out of the state this week and I had no one else to ask! He fed them all their meals and since I couldn't be back in time He took Kedric to his softball game. He had my house all cleaned so nice and ready to come home too... Today I have to go into my other Salon job and do a pedicure and manicure. I called my Dear friend Teri to come over and play Nursemaid for Bill...She is so wonderful to help me out and This way even though I shouldn't be Too long. He will be having good care! Thank you Teri! Your a lifesaver!

post signature

7 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

you certainly have a wonderful support system around you :)

Glad the surgery went well.

Stayllo said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. You guys have certainly been busy between the knee surgery and Adam's oral surgery.

Nadine said...

That is not a fun way to spend your anniversary. With all of that he had flowers sent to you - can we say "what a keeper."

I'm glad it went well and I pray for a speedy recovery.

thedowning5 said...

glad all went well...we have the same contraption at home from my knee surgeries. Works Great! Let us know if you need anything!

Jodi said...

What an awesome group of friends you have Tina!! I pray he heals fast!

The flowers are beautiful!!

KC said...

hope he is healing well

Shionge said...

Wishing him speedy recovery Tina, it reminded me of my surgery in New Jersey and I must say Americans medical profession are so efficient, friendly and nice :D