10/2/08

Tasty Thursday- Holiday chex Bars



These are so easy and yummy! They would be great to take to a gathering as they are best the 1st day!

11 cups Rice or corn chex cereal

1 bag 16 oz bag of large marshmallows(about 72)

1/2 Cup butter or margarine

1 Betty Crocker rich and creamy or whipped vanilla frosting

Butter 15"x 10"x 1" pan. Coursely crush cereal.


In a large microwavable bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter uncovered on high 2-3 min., stirring each min. until smooth. stir in crushed cereal. using back of spoon or hands, press firmly in pan. Cool completely about 15 min.


Cut into shaped with Holiday cookie cutters ( 4th of july, Halloween, christmas or Easter) decorate with frosting or candy...Have Fun and enjoy!

post signature

4 comments:

Annie said...

Looks yummy! Wish I could reach through the screen and get one!

The trip looks like a blast! Where was that place?

You did a great job on your neighbor's hair! So pretty!

Jodi said...

Oh yum!! And I have everything in the cupboard to make these this weekend!!!

Shionge said...

You are making me drool again Tina...how come you can stay so slim eating all the yummy sweets :d

Midlife Mom said...

Yes, I have wondered that too, how DO you stay so slim and have all of those goodies around that you make?! The Chex one looks so good, and I have to make a pan of something for a thing tonight so I hope I have all the ingredients in the house. If not I can make a quick run to the store on my way to visit Mom at the Rehab place.

That is an amazing water park!! Sure wish we had something like that around here, the closest is Massachusetts which is a four hour drive from here. :o(

That updo is beautiful! You do such good work. I loved doing updos when I was working but they were a lot of work! I know prom time was a nightmare so when I went out on my own I didn't do prom stuff any more, just my regular customers.

Got to get going. Mom is recovering pretty well from her knee replacement surgery but is homesick. I don't blame her, I would be too!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!!! xoxox