11/21/10

Poor Kedric...

What a day yesterday Was! It started at 1:30 am As Kedric woke up screaming/ crying in pain! he has had 2 spots 1 on the back of his neck and the other at the end of his spine! They look sorta the size of a mole but hard like a bug bite....well he has been complaining about the one near his butt for the past couple days. I thought since I have an ADHD appt already scheduled and the Dr. couldnt see him sooner I would just keep that! Till Friday night when he woke up crying at 1:30 am in excrutiating pain! I got up put pain relieving cream on it and gave him tylenol and tucked him back in! He woke up 30 min later crying again, So his dad went and slept with him as I had to get up for work soon.

When he woke up. He still hurt but it was bearable at least. Bill went hunting, I went to work... I told him to rest today, well a few hrs later he decided to hang more christmas lights outside around the garage. So he climbed the ladder, pounding nails in the siding, he slipped and hammered his head. Poor kid ended up with an inch deep gash above his eyebrow! Jelena called me at work hysterical seeing all this blood! I told him to go next door to our helpful neighbor. Praise God for him...He loves the kids like a grandfather and will always help anyway he can! He did just that and got Kedric bandaged up till Bill got home. I was in the process of doing color on clients and couldn't leave, so glad when he got home to take him to the ER and I told Bill be sure to have those spots checked out on his back too...
Well he did! Bad thing is it turned out to be STAPH! Now how in the heck did my 9 yr old get a staph infection? Crazy! He is now on 2 different antibiotics plus with taking his ADHD pill, this kid is swollowing 6 pills a day! Thats alot of pills for a 9 yr old! woweee! Plus pain medication as he is still in pain! What a busy day! Today is Sunday and it must be better r
ight?:)

post signature

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Poor little guy!!! Funny thing....our two year old grandson had a couple of small "spots" too that I thought looked suspicious. I had our daughter have the doctor take a look at them and that, too, was a staph infection. He is just finishing up his anitbiotics. They are sooo painful.

HLiza said...

I initially thought it's chicken pox..never heard about Staph..hope he recovers fast.

Shionge said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this Tina.....it is Tuesday over here and I hope by now he is feeling bette now.

I know how worrying this can be, you take care too ya.

Jodi said...

Ouch!! Poor little guy! Staph is such a nasty thing to deal with! I hope he is on the mend! I had to help a friend with this, this past summer, all from an infected bug bite. She had to squeeze all the yucky stuff out of it, while I held him, not an easy task!