4/9/08

chocolate shopping and movies

What a fun day I had! My Dear Friend Teri and I FINALLY got away for a girls day out! We traveled to a place nearly an hour away to shop and get away! I needed to get some scrapbooking supplies that I so badly needed so this trip was anxiously awaiting me! I got the things I needed But 1st off My friend Teri is quite the book reader! She spent hours and hours in Barnes and Nobles looking for books for herself! She found plenty maybe 15? anyway while she enjoyed herself there I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Gabrielle Brothers( discount clothing store) I found a couple things for myself and so cheap! Where else can you find a pair of nice dress slacks for $2.00? We had a fabulous dinner at cheddars and I had to have my favorite Monte cristo sandwich and broccoli casserole. After all that excitement we had to check out this amazing chocolate shop next to the book store...No I didn't have any of this pictured though I wished I did but prices were so high! This delectible chocolate double Indulgence was $24.00! Doesn't it look yummy?
Here are some other yummies,

And oh the M&M's you could buy in any color you choose!

Teri bought me a chocolate covered pretzel, it was yummy!

the other end of the chocolate store they had ice cream and this flavor was calling me! It was Gold Medal Ribbon something or other, meaning it was vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel! It was amazing! Their ice cream is made by Hersheys...Here I am ready to indulge...
Here is Teri, she is more lady like then me and chose the dish with spoon;) She had peanut butter cup,

Well after all that fun shopping dinner and dessert we were heading to the amazing discount movie theater! It was so exciting to go to a movie theater and pay only $1.00 for a pretty rescent movie! So we went and seen JUNO...loved it as it was a great movie!


So then we watched one immediately following, and perfect timeing to see 27 Dresses! Both were fabulous! As where else can you see 2 movies for $2? I will definitely be going back there!

So all in all it was a long fun filled day! Now time to get back to the daily chores and other things calling out to me! Have a great day everyone!

post signature

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like an awesome day!!! I wish we still had a Cheddars here in Michigan! So where is this discount clothing store????

Anonymous said...

ok, now i am officially hungry!!!

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful day! Loved all the yummy chocolate pictures.

Alicia said...

sounds like a fun day! I really like the M&M tower.. It's cool that one can choose their own colors..

KC said...

sounds like a fun filled day in Mansfield to me :P
I take it this was your 1st time to the dollar theater??? I love that place.. started going a very long time ago when it was back behind the mall..
my kids favorite things to do on days off school is hit the chuck e cheese there in the mall then cross the way and see a movie.
Sounds like you had a great day out.

KC said...

oh and did you see on monday the shows are only $.50????

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

What a fun day! I love Gabes! Wish we had one closer. And I also miss having a dollar theater close.

Shionge said...

Oh What fun and yes that would be a big big indulgence ya but ice-cream sure looks yummy :D

Great bonding!!

Tinsie said...

That ice-cream looks delish!!

Nadine said...

What a deal to see 2 movies for $2. You can't even rent a movie for that inexpensive.

The ice cream cone looks yummy. I've had that flavor before...and it is good.