7/28/08

Wow! What a busy weekend!

Friday evening my Dear Friend Took me, her cousin and Aunt to see another great Play at the Huron Playhouse! It was Really good! I think it was the 1st play I have seen that wasn't a musical! It was Really good, funny and lots of fun! I think She did a great job on all these logos! There is one more play of the season and I am unable to attend, Bummer! I have really enjoyed going to them, Thank you Becky for taking me! It was lots of fun;)
**********************************************************************
Saturday I worked Till 2:00, (got off early) to prepare some desserts I had planned for Sunday with all my guests coming! Then My DH was blessed with 3 tickets to go see The Cleveland Indians.So This time we took Kedric. We went a good night as they gave out these hats to everyone walking in! Kedric was the only one that never went to a live professional baseball game, so thats why we took him!
I do believe it is an awesome experience everyone should do at least once! We lost 4-11. I think it is the 1st game we went to where they lost! Bummer!

some random photos
Bill and Kedric
Me and Kedric
The weather was so lovely! Our seats were amazing! We were only 3rd row back behind home plate!
O'l Glory, what a beautiful view!
Here the game was just over! Being good sports
A photo of us... There was supposed to be a storm brewing over us but it actually blew over us so we never had to fear getting wet! Yeah!
**********************************************************************
We were so Blessed to have Ruth and George come for a visit! We got the great priviledge to see their 2 boys a few weeks ago. Ruth and George come and visit us once a year along with some of their other relatives 1 hr away! I took them to my newer hair job and gave them both pedicures. They are both about 80 yrs old and this was a 1st to have pedicures! They LOVED it! I was happy to do it! I gave George a hair cut and Ruth a shampoo set too...

Unfortunately we were sad to hear this was their last time coming up from Florida.It is getting to hard on them to make the drive ... Their Daughter drives them down here along with her hubby. I made a fabulous meal, 3 fantastic desserts. Everyone enjoyed themselves!
This photo is of Shelly and Ruth and George. Shelly, Teri and I all worked for them at the Gaslight Drive Inn,( fast food- ice cream place) many yrs ago. We all been in close contact with them since! They are like another set of parents to all of us!

My kids love them too! Their 3 kids never had children so my kids are the closest thing to grandkids for them! They call them Grandma and Grandpa and they love it;)


It was a wonderful visit! Sad to see them go, now we will have to make a trip to Florida in the next couple yrs to see them!

post signature

5 comments:

Jodi said...

What a busy, but fun weekend you had! You look cute in a hat!

Nadine said...

What fun you had on your weekend. Live ball games are the best. Love the hats.

It looks like you also had a great visit with dear friends.

And a play - I love plays.

Shionge said...

What great joy to bond with friends as well as together with your kids :) I can see that everyone is having great fun ya.

Needled Mom said...

Sorry to hear that Ruth and George will not be making the trip up again. I know that you will miss that but it will encourage you to go see them. :)

A summer baseball game at the ball park is always such a thrill. It is so "All American."

Neil Simon has always been one of my all time favorite playwriters. Glad you had a great weekend.

KC said...

sounds like a very busy and fun weekend.