8/1/08

Kalahari, Jelenas Birthday

Today my daughter Jelena turns 11! She is sweet and loving, helpful, considerate of others, and being a middle child she can battle either brother!;) Here is a photo of her taken this week after we straightened her hair. I plan to take her to do a little one on one school shopping this morning and have a little mother daughter time. Her small party with family will be this sunday and a small one with her friends will be next week.
Well we had a blast yesterday at KALAHARI Resort. Took several photos of course! Why do I call this Frugal Friday? Most people know I am frugal to put it nicely;) We have a neighbor down the street and dear friends they are. Well their son is a lifeguard there and got us day passes for 4 of us. They are normally $40.00 a piece we got them for $15.00 a piece. I never had to purchase one for Adam as he was rewarded one at the end of the school year from the school for getting high scores on his proficiency test. Yeah Adam! I am not one to buy food at any fun place we go to as it is just rediculously expensive. I packed peanut butter and jelly, lots of bottled water and lots of snacks! Well my DH and oldest DS must have told the chef of making the pizzas, that there was alot being thrown away from customers,( the waste is incredible). So he brought us out 5 HUGE slices of some left over cheese pizza! He said it is amazing what they have to throw away! rooms will order the food and never come and pick them up. Can you imagine this?
anyway, I know I am more then Frugal, but the Blessings are GREAT!
Enjoy the little video on the bottom, Kedric was NOT ready to be done after 9 hrs of swimming and sliding! Fatigue started taking over and we let him do the cheetah race one last time ( today was the 1st day he got brave enough to try it) as Bill also didn't do this yet...

2 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

looks like you had a BLAST!!!!

Tinsie said...

Happy birthday Jelena!