9/23/08

Tackle It-- Before and Afters


Lots of Tackles going on THIS week! Today is our BIG Trash Fall pick up! We have unloaded a bit of trash and it amazing the things people come and take. Several people stopped by and took a couple things we had out there! We call this Dumpster Diving;) Above is a photo of Bill trying to dig out the stump to the pine tree he dug out last week! Kedric is looking on. He LOVES to help Daddy with this sort of stuff!


After he dug it up as much as possible he burried it...

I really loved this comforter. Palm Trees of course! Well It doesn't look so nice anymore. After several washings of it ( due to dog sleeping on my bed) it had so many holes on it. We sewed them as much as possible but when it got washed it would get worse and worse...Time to look for a new comforter...sniff sniff

I think I was pretty lucky when I found this one! It is Ivory. I actually found this at Walmart and it was regularly $78.00 on sale for $19.00. I love it! It feels so clean and it is huge( king sized) to fit over my deep pocket queen bed. It reminds me of a hotel bed;)
Now we are training the dog to sleep on the floor next to the bed. After a year of sleeping with us the 1st night was a bit rough as she didnt sleep at all. Now she is getting into a routine as we move "her" bed next to ours;)


Time for some drawer tackling....Amazing how they get so bad like this!

I decided to try something, I got some non stick shelf liner and well I LOVE it!

I don't know why I didn't think about getting this stuff sooner!

Now things can sty put instead of sliding all over!

A little left on the roll I decided to put some in this drawer too!


Honestly this cupboard has been bothering me for sometime and it is finally getting attended too!

SO much better!

Well Folks! Thats my tackles, I have a pile of coupons expiring this week I will enjoy using so will be doing a big grocery shopping run today, other then that some simple dusting and a little laundry will complete my day! Happy Tackling everyone!!!

post signature

13 comments:

Erica said...

Looks great! You accomplished quite a lot!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Wow! You got so much accomplished.

Aisling said...

I never thought of using that stuff in drawers, and I have a roll around here somewhere.

Annie said...

Great tackles!!!

Jodi said...

Looks great!! I need to get back into tackling projects!

Susie said...

Wow!! You did tackle a lot!!! I love the shelf liner in a drawer trick. I use it and I find that I don't have to reorganize the drawers as often.

Alicia said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished.. Thing is drawers in the kitchen are always hard to keep organized. In my old apartment we had a junk drawer for all the odds and ends.. When I moved out and had to clean it out I realized how much junk I had.. thanks for sharing your organizational stories they are helpful and motivating to me.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! You are the Tackling Queen of the week! Great job!! :D I love the bedroom!

Tinsie said...

I love your tackles. They are so inspirational! I tackled my underwear drawer the other day and I'm really pleased with the result, but I don't think I can publish photos in my blog or it might attract the wrong kind of attention!!

Midlife Mom said...

Please, please come to my house and do some tackles!!!!!! There would be enough to keep you busy for weeks! I did pretty well for a while and did some cupboards and need to get back at it again. You inspire me! Good Job!!

earthlingorgeous said...

Really? That bed is for $19 only? Did I read it right? OMG! You are so lucky! I love it!

Peggy said...

WOAH! That was A LOT! Great job:)

Shionge said...

You have always motivated me to move my 'butt' and start tackling my house LOL.

Love your bedsheet and it is so cozy :D