7/7/08

More Great Recipes

This is an easy recipe and a great alternative to cookies! So simple any child could make them! Take a ritz cracker spread peanut butter on it then top with large marshmallow. pop in oven on broil and watch them closely! ( Before baked)
( after baked) They should look something like this when finished! The marshmallows taste like an open fire made them! These disapear quick whenever I make them! Enjoy!

Vermicelli Ham Bake
1-1/3 Cup water
1 Cup milk
1/4 Cup butter, cubed
1pkg ( 4.8 oz) parmesan rice and vermicelli mix ( I just used chicken vermicelli rice)
1 Can ( 15-1/4 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans thawed
1-1/2 cups fully cooked ham
1 can mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup french fried onions, crumbled and divided ( I tried using the cheddar one, yum)
In a Large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice with contents of seasoning packet. Return to a boil. Cook uncovered, for 5-6 min. or until rice is tender. Stir in the corn, beans, ham, mushrooms and 1/4 cup onions.
Transfer to a greased 2- qt. baking dish; sprinkle remaining onions around the outer edges. Cover and Bake 350 degrees for 30 min. uncover bake 10 min longer or till heated through.
This is one of the items I made last week and oh so yummy! Even my picky eaters liked it;)


post signature

4 comments:

KC said...

OH No NO NO...
This is soooooooooooo not good.. I was sitting here thinking I'm snack hungry when I popped over here and saw those rite treats..
NOW i'm off to go make me some LOL
This is NOT helping me lose weight at all and I need to lose at least 15 pounds LOL but here I go, heading to the kitchen because darn it they look tasty..

KC said...

OH No NO NO...
This is soooooooooooo not good.. I was sitting here thinking I'm snack hungry when I popped over here and saw those rite treats..
NOW i'm off to go make me some LOL
This is NOT helping me lose weight at all and I need to lose at least 15 pounds LOL but here I go, heading to the kitchen because darn it they look tasty..

Jodi said...

You have to stop!! Those look so good... and I think I have some crackers and marshmellows in the cupboard.

Jodi said...

oops.. I was signed in under my other blog... *wink*